Everyday we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build responsive and flexible cloud, mobile, and edge computing applications that scale effortlessly. Couchbase delivers unmatched versatility, performance, scalability and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, distributed cloud and edge commuting deployments. The database market is one of the largest undisturbed markets for enterprise software. The main catalyst for this is the need for digital transformation. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
At Couchbase, big things happen. Every day, we’re translating vision into reality by tackling new and exciting challenges head-on. This is a breakthrough stage in our company, where the enthusiasm of our employees and leadership team is infectious and growing. You’ll have the opportunity to learn new skills, grow your career, and work with the smartest, most passionate people in the industry.
The Cloud Support Engineer will have the primary accountability of designing, implementing and operating Couchbase’s Cloud platforms. The team operates with a “run what you write” philosophy and each engineer is responsible for deploying and operating the code they write. A successful candidate must have demonstrable experience in at least one programming language, previous work in SaaS application development and operations. The ideal candidate will also have prior experience developing applications on either of the three major cloud platforms - AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- 3+ years cloud support or related experience
- 2+ years Shell, Python or Golang
- Strong understanding and experience with at least one cloud environment such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud and/or Microsoft Azure
- Experience working with NoSQL databases
- Experience using Kubernetes and Docker is a plus
- Experience in troubleshooting distributed high-performance systems
- Experience with alerting and monitoring tools.
- Working knowledge of web and network protocols and standards (HTTP, TLS, DNS, etc)
- Solid written, verbal, interpersonal communication and customer service skills are needed to work successfully with customers in high stress and/or ambiguous situations.
- Working hours for this role varies depending on coverage. From Monday to Friday with starting time between 8:00 and 11:00 until 17:00 and 20:00.
- Troubleshoot and solve customer issues on production deployments
- Support the deployments including monitoring and providing answers to customer inquiries
- Become a product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on new features in Couchbase
- Participate in an on-call rotation for supporting the systems during work hours, weekend hours and on holidays when necessary
- Identify and write internal and external technical articles or knowledge-base entries, like typical troubleshooting steps, workarounds or best practices
- BS Computer Science or commensurate experience
Couchbase is named one of DTBA’s top 100 companies that matter in data. At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers end-to-end technical solutions for all our customers with high-performance, flexible and scalable modern databases that run across the data centers and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. See our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
- Unlimited time off (DTO)
- Matching 401K contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Monthly credit towards a lifestyle spending account
- An ergonomic and comfortable in-office setup, with food and supporting technology, to assist in the setup of an efficient WFH and office environment
-And much more!
Learn more about Couchbase:
Couchbase is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join an impact initiative group and experience the amazing feeling of Couchbase can-do culture.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice following guidelines in your country of application.