Everyday we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build responsive and flexible cloud, mobile, and edge computing applications that scale effortlessly. Couchbase delivers unmatched versatility, performance, scalability and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, distributed cloud and edge commuting deployments. The database market is one of the largest undisturbed markets for enterprise software. The main catalyst for this is the need for digital transformation. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
We are looking for a Cloud Architect to support the rapidly growing Couchbase Capella user community and help drive customer success. Our Cloud Architects are the primary technical field experts for cloud solutions, responsible for actively driving and managing the technical part of a pre and post sales engagement. This includes explaining Capella advantages, how Couchbase Capella works and can be used to solve the customer’s problem and ensure our customers consume their credits as planned during the initial sale.
During customer conversations and POCs the Cloud Architects will answer questions and troubleshoot, so you will be hands-on with our latest technology.
Location: This is a hybrid role where the candidate would need to be comfortable coming into our Austin, TX office 2-3 days/week.
- Show customers how to solve their problems and meet their requirements with Couchbase Capella and get them excited about our managed database as a service offering
- Work closely with the sales team on account strategy and identifying additional opportunities in existing accounts
- Ensuring the success of customer Capella PoCs through effective management of acceptance criteria and issue escalation/resolution
- Ensure our existing customers are successful with Couchbase Capella to ensure they continue to consume and purchase new credits
- Develop and deliver exceptional technical product presentations and demonstrations 1:1 and 1:many
- Work with all technical levels (managers, architects and developers) to explain Couchbase Capella and its uses
- Be the Couchbase Capella product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on the DBASS competitive market
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to provide feedback from the field and represent the customer perspective
- Work closely with account teams to architect solutions that enable customers to move to Capella
- Onboard new customers to ensure they start using Couchbase Capella as quickly as possible after purchase
- Be a cloud expert across multiple cloud service providers
- Ensure consumption of Capella credits
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in working with enterprise back-end software, ideally database technologies (SQL or NoSQL)
- 2+ years experience with one or more Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong diagnostic/ troubleshooting process, with significant experience troubleshooting real, end-to-end technical issues
- Experience engaging with developers
- Presentation skills with an ability to present technical solutions concisely to customers or potential customers
- Outgoing personality and confident in talking to people with differing backgrounds (Developers, Architects, Database Admins)
- Proactive in engaging with customer
- Passion for diving into technical issues and solving customer problems
- Enjoy a fast-paced startup environment
- Linux experience as a development platform and basic administration
- RDBMS experience including schema modeling, performance tuning and configuration
- Public/Private Cloud experience as a development platform and basic administration
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases is a big plus
- An understanding of functional programming would be helpful but not essential
Couchbase is named one of DTBA’s top 100 companies that matter in data. At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers end-to-end technical solutions for all our customers with high-performance, flexible and scalable modern databases that run across the data centers and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. See our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
- Unlimited time off (DTO)
- Matching 401K contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Monthly credit towards a lifestyle spending account
- An ergonomic and comfortable in-office setup, with food and supporting technology, to assist in the setup of an efficient WFH and office environment
-And much more!
Learn more about Couchbase:
Couchbase is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join an impact initiative group and experience the amazing feeling of Couchbase can-do culture.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice following guidelines in your country of application.