The job in short
We’re looking for an influential engineering leader to provide strategic direction on initiatives with significant customer impact.
This role provides a considerable opportunity for ingenuity, as this individual will work as a key leader of a talented team, to deliver innovation at a massive scale.
We are looking for an independent thinker who makes convincing, evidence-based decisions. You are a technology evangelist who leads the architecture practice at Backbase. You’ll be able to inspire the team, raising the bar by continually honing their skills and introducing them to new and emerging technologies as they become relevant to our platform. You’ll have a passion for quality and be uncompromising when it comes to delivering the highest quality solutions to our clients. You’ll bring thought leadership to Backbase, helping to evangelize our capabilities within the network and to our clients.
Meet the job
- You are the right hand of the CTO and you make visions comes alive;
- Lead the architecture practice at Backbase;
- Analyze gaps in technology architecture and translate them into opportunities;
- Define principles to provide guidance to the technology architecture;
- You work with our Director of Technology Prototyping on new technologies that might be beneficial to the organization;
- Help to evaluate and collaborate with other FinTechs that complement the Backbase Platform.
What about you?
- 10 + years of experience in an Enterprise Architecture function;
- Experience building and leading a team in the development and rapid delivery of next-generation digital products;
- Able to convey your technical and complex ideas in an engaging and understandable way to audiences with different technical levels;
- Facilitate discussions on multiple technology levels from infrastructure to mobile development;
- A history of embracing and incubating emerging technology and open source products;
- Create resilient and high performing solution designs at an enterprise level;
- The ability to seed and extend innovation into the greater organization to develop key talent, consistent with that of a leading technology company;
- Technical Leadership: the ability to inspire your teammates to deliver quality software solutions;
- Recruit, motivate, mentor, and lead the best application engineering talent;
- Innovative thinking with a passion for problem-solving;
- Ability to provide a logical framework to support conclusions and ideas;
- Great attitude, team player and energy amplifier. Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and technologies;
- Take ideas and concepts, and visualize them in ways such that they are communicated effectively and compellingly for internal leaders, partners and customers;
- You are passionate, ambitious and a “go-getter”.