At Zoox, you’ll collaborate with a team of world-class engineers with diverse backgrounds in areas such as AI, robotics, mechatronics, planning, machine learning, control, localization, computer vision, rendering, simulation, distributed computing, design, and automated testing. You will be challenged to rethink what it means for hardware design to arrive at elegant and efficient systems now that a robot is in control. Working at a startup gives you the chance to manifest your creativity and make a big difference in the final product.
As a Chassis Structures Engineer, you will work to ensure the successful delivery of systems and assemblies from concept to the start of production. Crucial to this success will be driving and managing critical relationships with Zoox’s supplier network while Zoox maintains a lean and agile cross-functional team in-house. You will use your knowledge to direct the technical effort, your expertise to ground the team, and your excellent communication and interpersonal skills to motivate and lead as we take a new path to redefine a traditional and well-established industry.
- You will conceptualize, design (2D and 3D), and lead the development and release of vehicle chassis components and assemblies (suspension, driveline, wheels/tires) to meet cost, weight, and performance requirements
- You will develop short and long-term schedule/plans for component development
- You will define and negotiate requirements and specifications for the vehicle structure, including DFMEAs, DVP’s and PVP’s, APQP
- You will support validation testing for component/vehicle
- You will support material and manufacturing process decisions both internally and externally
- You will work cross-functionally and collaborate with peers, CAE/test teams, management, manufacturing, suppliers
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or a relevant engineering degree
- At least 6+ years experience in chassis design/engineering (OEM/supplier, university SAE team, or equivalent)
- Knowledge/experience in vehicle engineering, chassis systems design and engineering fundamentals, and component delivery
- Experience with the development of specifications, DFMEAs, DVP’s and PVP’s, APQP and other technical and quality assurance processes
- Proficiency with CATIA V5 or V6 CAD software
- Strong communication/collaboration skills with peers, suppliers, manufacturing, management
- Patents awarded
- Experience at automotive OEM
- Knowledge of automotive development/release process
- Experience with Polarion, Jira, and/or Confluence
There are three major components to compensation for this position: salary, Amazon Restricted Stock Units (RSUs), and Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights. The salary range for this position is $119,000 to $195,000. A sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. Compensation will vary based on geographic location and level. Leveling, as well as positioning within a level, is determined by a range of factors, including, but not limited to, a candidate's relevant years of experience, domain knowledge, and interview performance. The salary range listed in this posting is representative of the range of levels Zoox is considering for this position.
Zoox also offers a comprehensive package of benefits, including paid time off (e.g. sick leave, vacation, bereavement), unpaid time off, Zoox Stock Appreciation Rights, Amazon RSUs, health insurance, long-term care insurance, long-term and short-term disability insurance, and life insurance.
Zoox is developing the first ground-up, fully autonomous vehicle fleet and the supporting ecosystem required to bring this technology to market. Sitting at the intersection of robotics, machine learning, and design, Zoox aims to provide the next generation of mobility-as-a-service in urban environments. We’re looking for top talent that shares our passion and wants to be part of a fast-moving and highly execution-oriented team.
A Final Note:
You do not need to match every listed expectation to apply for this position. Here at Zoox, we know that diverse perspectives foster the innovation we need to be successful, and we are committed to building a team that encompasses a variety of backgrounds, experiences, and skills.