What is Polygon Labs?
Polygon Labs develops Ethereum scaling solutions for Polygon protocols. Polygon Labs engages with other ecosystem developers to help make available scalable, affordable, secure and sustainable blockchain infrastructure for Web3. Polygon Labs has initially developed a growing suite of protocols for developers to gain easy access to major scaling solutions, including layer 2s (zero-knowledge rollups and optimistic rollups), sidechains, hybrid chains, app-specific chains, enterprise chains, and data availability protocols. Scaling solutions that Polygon Labs initially developed have seen widespread adoption with tens of thousands of decentralized apps, unique addresses exceeding 225 million, over 1.2 million smart contracts created and 2.56 billion total transactions processed since inception. The existing Polygon network is home for some of the biggest Web3 projects, such as Aave, Uniswap, and OpenSea, and well-known enterprises, including Robinhood, Stripe and Adobe. Polygon Labs is carbon neutral with the goal of leading Web3 in becoming carbon negative.
- As Blockchain Protocol Architect you will report directly to the SVP of Protocol Research and Development.
- As a senior technical leader you will provide technical, architectural and implementation oversight across all of the core protocol teams and functions including proof-of-stake (PoS), Supernets and zkEVM roll-ups.
- You will work closely with senior engineers on the core protocol teams to implement improvements using best-practice methodologies and driving deployment to our production systems through our diverse ecosystem.
- You will have high visibility within and outside the organization as a recognized protocol expert and visionary.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Identify, develop and otherwise source novel research and unique approaches to solve large-scale scalability, security and robustness challenges in core protocols.
- Participate in requirements gathering and discussion with product leaders and executives throughout the organization.
- Work daily with developers on core protocols teams to provide design and architecture brainstorming, code reviews, best-practise development practices, solution development and high-level engineering oversight.
- On occasion, write and deliver code to provide solutions to the most challenging problems or demonstrate a new, novel approach.
A Day in the Life
- Participate in individual team stand-ups to maintain vision on current priorities, blockers and other challenges.
- Review technical and product specifications; provide feedback, design guidance and architectural review.
- Survey industry research, development ideas, alternative design approaches and other trends. Work to incorporate into organizational knowledge through summaries, internal blog posts and the like.
- Review both internal and external PR’s for incorporation into open source repositories.
About the Team
- We are a remote-first, inclusive, multi-cultural team, spanning most of the world’s continents.
- Our primary focus and priority is to have a positive impact on the world by building open and powerful new technologies in the blockchain and crypto space. We are blockchain and crypto maximalists.
- We are a meritocratic organization where your ability to grow and advance in responsibility is judged solely on your contribution and accomplishments.
- We are a development focused organization where your primary work and priorities will always be to advance the protocol and the health of the Polygon ecosystem.
What you’ll need- Preferred Qualifications
- Deep familiarity and a proven track record with Ethereum, related technologies, rollup protocols, their trade-offs, scalability issues and potential attack vectors.
- Mastery of several modern programming languages, with Go as a minimum requirement.
- Demonstrated Rust expertise is highly desirable.
- Deep familiarity and experience with distributed systems engineering, protocols and architecture.
- Minimum 8+ years of senior development experience, with 3 or more recently in the blockchain or cryptography industry.
- Experience is mentoring and developing less-experienced engineers.
- Ability to work in a face-paced, independent start-up-like environment.
Polygon Labs Perks
The goal of the Polygon Labs total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes, the following benefits:
Remote first global workforce
Industry leading Medical, Dental and Vision health insurance fully covered for each employee*
Company matching 401k with 6% match*
$1,500 Home Office Set Up Allowance (life-time max)
$2,000 Annual Employee Development Program
$200 Annual Book Allowance Program
Internet or phone reimbursement
Generous & flexible PTO and country-specific holidays
1 company wide wellness Friday day off per quarter
Company issued laptop
Employee Assistance Programs
*In certain countries medical, dental and vision is fully covered for any dependents. This is country and plan specific.
*401k is for United States Employees only
Polygon Labs is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Polygon Labs is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We believe in integration and equal opportunity. Accommodations are available throughout the recruitment process and applicants with a disability may request to be accommodated throughout the recruitment process. We will work with all applicants to accommodate their individual accessibility needs.
If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
Learn More about Polygon Labs