WHO WE ARE
At Quo, we are on a mission to make building wealth easier and more equitable, starting with home ownership. Owning a home is the single largest source of intergenerational wealth in the US, yet buying a home is one of the most opaque and confusing processes out there. That's why we are building the only mortgage and real estate company focused on first time home buyers.
We have raised millions from top VCs, shipped a mobile application that helps first time home buyers prepare for home ownership, and built a mortgage brokerage to help them close on their dream homes. Now we need you to help us deliver the future of home ownership.
At Quo, we are building the future of home ownership and are looking for a backend software engineer to help us lay that foundation. As an engineer at Quo, you will work on a large variety of systems including our underwriting engine, lead data pipelines, marketing automation systems, mobile app services, mortgage application processing, and more. You will work in our modern, cloud-native, serverless systems to deploy highly functional code across a large product surface area.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop across our serverless backend systems in NodeJS and Python
- Write high quality, well tested code
- Participate in code review
- Work with operations, sales, frontend, and other cross-functional positions to build systems that enable their work
- Interact with a wide variety of vendor, service providers, and APIs that enable our financial stack
- Learn and use security best practices
- Learn how mortgages and personal finances work under the hood
- Ship products and services that deeply impact thousands of consumers personal financial lives
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including experience with API design and unit testing frameworks
- High proficiency in either NodeJS or Python
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure providers like Google Cloud and AWS
- Experience developing highly reliable API integrations and data pipelines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
YOU'RE A GREAT FIT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Experience building services from scratch on Google Cloud
- Experience with the following technologies: Firebase, Firestore, Twilio, SendGrid, Plaid, credit report data, or CRM integrations
- Experience developing software in financial services
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Previous startup experience
LIFE AT QUO
- Hyper-growth opportunity - We are a fast growing tech startup disrupting the single largest market in the US and competing against slow moving legacy institutions. We are building a completely different approach to real estate and home ownership, and you will be on the ground floor.
- Empowered to lead - We empower every team member to be their own leader, driving a huge amount of responsibility and ownership over their work.
- Product Obsessed - Every member of our team, from engineering to marketing to loan processing, is here to build the flagship experience for first time home buyers.
We offer competitive pay, great benefits (healthcare, 401(k) match, wellness stipend, DashPass, and more!), and team building events to all of our employees.
Quo was founded by Tucker Haas
and Neel Yerneni
in October of 2018. We are backed by great funds like SOMA Capital, SignalFire, and Global Founders Capital.
Quo is an equal opportunity employer. We are building our team to reflect the communities we serve, and a workplace that nurtures and empowers unique identities and experiences. We are committed to advancing equity in a tech industry that has often fallen short. We strongly encourage applications from BIPOC (Black; Indigenous; People of Color), women, LGBTQ+, and other individuals who are underrepresented in the industry, across color, religion, race, ethnic and national origin, physical ability, gender and sexual identity.
For individuals who require an accommodation during the interview process, please advise your company contact.