About the Position
We are looking for a full time backend engineer to join our growing technology team at Clockwork.
A Software Engineer at Clockwork is tasked with continuing development of our platform, Clockwork Universe, a React Web App-Rails API platform.
We use agile methodologies to plan and execute business needs. Our platform, Clockwork Universe, is our attempt at revolutionizing the private investment industry. By bringing together a myriad of systems and tools that make up the private industry software space, we hope to become the key that brings it all together.
In addition to the hands-on keyboard work, this role's responsibilities also include helping to plan and shape the direction of the product. Our platform's unique structure brings together different user groups from various industries globally. That means that there are always new and exciting features to build, and a different challenge to face every day. While working with a team of developers, you'll be expected to lead by example and put forward a high standard in everything you do.
This opportunity is best suited for candidates that like to be involved in the planning and ideation stages that then go out and execute using the best tool (language, framework, etc.) for the job.
Clockwork is building the digital infrastructure for global private investment. We are attacking the stale, unorganized, and opaque current reality of private investment with our technology platform Clockwork Universe, creating the single point of truth for investors and companies alike. Our platform actively powers portfolios for private investors across family offices, venture capital funds, accelerators, corporate venture arms, angels, and other institutional investors.
We are a close-knit team, though distributed globally, with high levels of mutual respect met with high expectations for results. We bring complementary backgrounds across finance, technology, business development, and operations, and a history of managing investments together.
Additional responsibilities include
- Meeting with the rest of the development team to discuss and plan tasks for development
- Reviewing application requirements and interface designs, including identifying potential design oversights
- Designing, building, and maintaining efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Writing automated tests
- Troubleshooting and debugging
- Monitoring and improving performance
- Keeping up to date with the latest industry developments.
- Constantly looking for ways for the team to be better
Education and Experience Required
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 5 years (10+ years preferred) experience as a professional software engineer
Other Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications
$4000 - $7000 per month, depending on experience