Everyday we tackle new and exciting challenges to empower developers to build responsive and flexible cloud, mobile, and edge computing applications that scale effortlessly. Couchbase delivers unmatched versatility, performance, scalability and financial value across cloud, on premises, hybrid, distributed cloud and edge commuting deployments. The database market is one of the largest undisturbed markets for enterprise software. The main catalyst for this is the need for digital transformation. Join Couchbase to be a part of a greater change. Here you’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the most innovative, passionate and humble individuals in the database industry.
We are looking for Associate Solutions Engineers to support the rapidly growing Couchbase user community and help drive customer success. Our Solutions (Pre-Sales) Engineers are the primary technical field experts, responsible for actively driving and managing the technical part of a sales engagement. This includes explaining NoSQL advantages, how Couchbase works and can be used to solve the customer’s problem, all with a good dose of getting customers excited about using this new approach for fast & scalable databases.
Whenever customers do a POC or hands-on evaluation, our Solutions Engineers help drive these by answering their questions and troubleshooting, so you will be hands-on with technology.
Location: This position will be a remote role with a preferred location in the Northeast region. Preference will be given to applicants who currently live in this region.
- Show customers how to solve their problems and meet their requirements with Couchbase and get them excited about NoSQL database technology
- Work closely with the sales team on account strategy and identifying additional opportunities in existing accounts
- Ensuring the success of customer PoC/Pilots through effective management of acceptance criteria and issue escalation/resolution.
- Developing and delivering exceptional company/product presentations and demonstrations
- Work with all technical levels (managers architects and developers) to explain Couchbase and its uses
- Be the technical product expert for customers and stay up-to-date on the NoSQL competitive landscape
- Work with Product Management and Engineering to provide feedback from the field and represent the customer perspective
- Identify and write internal and external technical collateral, like typical deployment architectures or best practices
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Presentation skills with an ability to present technical solutions concisely to customers or potential customers
- Outgoing personality and confident in talking to people with differing backgrounds (Developers, Architects, Database Admins)
- Proactive in engaging with customer
- Passion for diving into technical issues and solving customer problems
- Enjoy a fast-paced startup environment
- Linux experience as a development platform and basic administration.
- RDBMS experience including schema modeling, performance tuning and configuration
- Public/Private Cloud experience as a development platform and basic administration.
- Programming/development experience (Java, .NET, C, C++, Go, Node.js, PHP, Python, Scala).
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases is a big plus.
- Track record of Open Source contributions
- Working knowledge of version control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion, CVS).
- Awareness of Open Source software development practices.
- An understanding of functional programming would be helpful but not essential.
The anticipated starting base pay range for this role is $85,000 - $105,000 per year. Base salary is not the only component of our competitive total rewards package - you will also be eligible for commission, equity, and other benefits as described below. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location.
Couchbase is named one of DTBA’s top 100 companies
that matter in data. At Couchbase, we believe data is at the heart of the enterprise. We empower developers and architects to build, deploy, and run their most mission-critical applications. Couchbase delivers end-to-end technical solutions for all our customers with high-performance, flexible and scalable modern databases that run across the data centers and any cloud. Many of the world’s largest enterprises rely on Couchbase to power the core applications their businesses depend on. See our recent awards to learn what makes Couchbase such a great company to work at.
- Unlimited time off (DTO)
- Matching 401K contributions
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Monthly credit towards a lifestyle spending account
- An ergonomic and comfortable in-office setup, with food and supporting technology, to assist in the setup of an efficient WFH and office environment
- And much more!
Learn more about Couchbase:
Couchbase is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Join an impact initiative group and experience the amazing feeling of Couchbase can-do culture.
By using this website and submitting your information, you acknowledge our Candidate Privacy Notice and understand your personal information may be processed in accordance with our Candidate Privacy Notice following guidelines in your country of application.