As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About The Role
The Application Security Engineer will be responsible for integrating security into the development of applications. The engineer will work closely with Kraken's Product and software development teams to threat model, vulnerability scan and penetration test the early software, system and architecture while identifying the required control points in the application stack. The engineer will also closely work with developers to diagnose, document and remediate security vulnerabilities. The engineer will also be responsible for evaluating, recommending and implementing security related software on the SDLC. Further, the engineer must be comfortable leading and training developers in secure best practices.
- 3+ years of Development experience
- Proficient in a primary development language
- Organized, responsive problem solver
- Strong understanding of application security frameworks
- Thorough knowledge of OWASP Top 10 & ASVS
- Understanding of Security Code Reviews
- Strong Self-started able to operate independently
- Excellent oral/written presentation skills with the ability to teach and communicate effectively to developers and leadership.
- Understanding Continuous Integrations / Testing / Delivery
- Knowledge of JIRA, Burp, Confluence, SAST, DAST
Location Tagging: #EU #US #LI-Remote #LI-DA2
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know