As our Analytics Engineer, you will be a part of the Internal Analytics team, helping to deploy, maintain and develop new analytical models, insights, and data products. On a typical day, you’ll work with both the analysts and engineers, talking through the business problems and impact, as well as code challenges and the current roadmap ahead of us. From there you will work closely helping to solve these new problems, drive best practices and mentor members on the team.
To thrive in this role, we care less about a college degree and more about your experience developing sustainable, scalable data models, strong technical recommendations and maintaining a curious mindset. You should be willing to pair with people to learn and know when to ask questions. You should have a strong understanding of the modern data stack, as well as understand the difference between code that works and code that is performant. SQL and python are a must.
Here’s what you can expect as a Analytics Engineer
- Support company-wide efforts to improve data quality, accessibility, and governance. You’ll help build out systems to make data more open, empowering end users to do their own analysis.
- Help build and maintain the analytics layer of our team’s data environment to make data standardized and easily accessible
- Partner with both Analytics and Engineering teams to drive effective use of time and resources
- Improve the overall Analytics team’s workflow through knowledge sharing and ensuring we are building a sustainable and scalable analytics function
- Serve as a subject matter expert for data strategy through thought leadership and help to implement changes across the business
- Help evaluate analytics tools and services to best meet the needs of the organization. You’ll help support and maintain these products, implementing changes to improve their functionality.
In return for this work, you will be given the opportunity to make a tremendous impact in one of our fastest growing teams in the US! As VTS grows, so will you!
What VTS Values & How We Show It
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS is the commercial real estate industry’s leading technology platform that transforms how strategic decisions are made and executed across the asset lifecycle. In 2013, VTS revolutionized the commercial real estate industry’s leasing operations with what is now VTS Lease. Today, the VTS Platform is the largest first-party data source in the industry and delivers data insights and solutions for everyone in commercial real estate to fuel their investment and asset strategy, leasing and marketing automation, property operations, and tenant experience.
With the VTS Platform, consisting of VTS Lease, VTS Rise, VTS Data, and VTS Market, every business stakeholder in commercial real estate is given the real-time market information and executional capabilities to do their job with unparalleled speed and intelligence. VTS is the global leader with more than 60% of Class A office space in the U.S., and 12 billion square feet of office, retail, and industrial space is managed through our platform globally. VTS’ user base includes over 45,000 CRE professionals and industry-leading customers such as Blackstone, Brookfield Properties, LaSalle Investment Management, Hines, Boston Properties, Oxford Properties, JLL, and CBRE.
VTS maintains offices in New York City, London, Toronto, Chicago, San Francisco, and San Diego.
To learn more about VTS and view our open roles, visit us at vts.com or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
At VTS, we pride ourselves on articulating a clear and transparent philosophy around equitable, impartial compensation that will allow us to recruit and retain an exceptional team. Base salary is market driven at the point in time of offer and is based on tier 1 market data. The salary for this role will range between $99,000 to $121,000 and is determined by a few factors including your skills, prior relevant experience, quality of interviews, leveling and geography.
At VTS, we believe that the definition of “workplace” has dramatically evolved, and value flexibility as a necessary part of employee happiness & productivity. We believe that by embracing new ways of working - VTS is able to attract and retain the best talent!
We aim to provide the greatest level of flexibility we can for each of our team members, based upon their individual roles at VTS. We currently offer three types of work designations at the company level.
- @office - This option means that the role requires you to come to the office at least 3 days a week.
- @flex - This option means that the role requires you to come into the office 2 days or less a week.
- @home - This option means that an employee will work primarily from their own home, but will have access to our office hubs whenever they would like.
There are some roles that require employees to be in the office at greater frequency - not all designations are available for every role. We are committed to transparency and each role is promoted with all designations available to that role.
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know at [email protected]