If this role seems interesting, irrespective of your location or identities, please reach out.
Even if you don't think you meet all of the criteria but still are interested in the job, please apply. Nobody checks every box, and we're looking for someone excited to join our team. We'd love to hear from you.
Metabase is the easiest way for people to get insights from their data, from tiny startups who get up and running quickly to major corporations with tens of thousands of users. That's why people love us
We bring data tools with the elegance and simplicity of consumer products to the crufty world of enterprise business intelligence. We provide an opinionated open source starting point for how companies should measure, analyze and share their data, which is used by tens of thousands of companies.
Metabase is looking for a Data Analyst to support our team.
This role be a key part of the operations team, using the disparate data sources we have on our customer base, customer onboarding, and community intelligence to better understand our users, their needs and what we should do to better help our customers.
Things you'll do :
- Iteratively refine our data, build models and help spread data throughout the team
- Organize our datasets and do complex transforms using SQL.
- Dig into data, answer questions
- Teach the others on your team to fish
- Collaborate day to day with business users, designers, product managers and engineers
Things we're looking for :
- Deep fluency in expressing business processes using models and charts.
- Extremely strong SQL skills (100+ lines of complex SQL queries/models)
- 5+ years as an analytics engineer, data analyst, data scientist, data engineer or similar role
- BS in CS/CE, Math, Economics or equivalent technical degree preferred
- Familiarity with Metabase and other Business Intelligence Tools
- Strong writing skills
- Experience a plus: B2B SaaS, open source, dbt, dimensional modeling
We're a global team (50% outside the US), fully distributed (from Thailand to California), who get things done asynchronously, with plenty of uninterrupted time, supporting each other to do the best work of our careers. We offer flexibility (define your own schedule and work from wherever you want), autonomy, and an environment that fosters growth, learning, and development. We're relentlessly user-focused and believe in building long-term value, not short-term hacks. And we raised a $30M Series B to take our approach to the next level for years to come.