Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
Our eligibility criteria for the graduate program:
- Full-time working rights
- Fewer than 12 months professional working experience in relevant industries
- Availability to start full-time in February 2024
As a graduate engineer you’ll have the opportunity to rotate through different specialisations in both product and platform teams.
In our product teams we innovate new features, fix bugs, and enhance functionality. Our teams are made up of front-end and back-end specialists, we work on desktop and mobile applications, and do full-stack development.
In our platform teams we build things that last a long time and that everyone relies on. Rotations include platform development, site and data reliability, development, architecture, integration, and platform-as-a-service engineers.
With a choice of rotations throughout the grad year, you’re empowered to drive your own learning and explore different teams and ways of working. This will help you decide what is most important to you at this stage of your career and what you’d like to focus on.
What we’d like to see from you. Ideally you’ll:
- be able to take a logical approach to work and cope well with change
- be a great communicator who likes working in agile teams
- like working with servers or data, and if you like to script or write code then that’s a great combo
- love problem solving, thinking on your feet, helping other people and taking the initiative
- enjoy investigating why things work, not just how they work
- enjoy building solutions for other Xero staff, removing pain points and making their lives easier
As a graduate engineer, you’ll get:
- three rotations across the technology teams in your grad year
- access to learning programs to build on your professional and technical skills
- support from your mentors, managers and the grad team
- networking opportunities across our global teams
How to apply
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you! However please keep in mind that due to the number of applications we receive, we ask that you only apply for one role in one location. Please take some time to research each opportunity available before submitting your application.
If you are eligible for this role and you pass the initial eligibility stage, you will be sent a selection of online assessments (behavioural and technical) as well as a video interview via Talegent. If successful from our online assessments, you will be invited to a Grad Day which will include technical and soft skills interviews, as well as group and individual challenges. Our Grad Days will be held from late September through to early October.
At Xero we support many types of flexible working arrangements that allow you to balance your work, your life and your passions. We offer a great remuneration package including shares plus a range of leave options to suit your well-being. Our work environment encourages continuous improvement and career development and you’ll get to work with the latest technology.
Our collaborative and inclusive culture is one we’re immensely proud of. We know that a diverse workforce is a strength that enables businesses, including ours, to better understand and serve customers, attract top talent and innovate successfully. We are a member of Pride in Diversity, in recognition of our inclusive workplace. So, from the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.